with ancient, linguistic and mathematical and scientific focus.
Open all-day school. For gifted students
In its 125-year history this highly acclaimed school for secondary education in Braunschweig has produced numerous distinguished figures in the fields of science, the economy, politics and the arts.
The co-educational Wilhelm-Gymnasium is attended by 1,000 students aged 11 to 19. It offers high quality education and thus the best prospects for academic as well as non-academic careers.
The inspection report following the National School Inspectorate’s last routine visit in 2009 confirmed the high educational standards achieved at Wilhelm-Gymnasium.
As its students are provided with a first-class education, Wilhelm-Gymnasium is favourably appreciated as a school of excellence in Braunschweig and the surrounding area. For this reason the school ranked first in the number of new students admitted last year.
But not only German students attend this school. Students also come from other countries of the European Union, from states of the Middle East, South America, North America, from Japan and from China. They successfully complete their school careers at Wilhelm-Gymnasium and are awarded a school leaving certificate which allows them to study at any university worldwide.
The school’s priorities:
- foreign language learning: English, French, Spanish, Latin, Greek, Japanese, Chinese (introductory course)
- the study of Mathematics, Computer Studies and Natural Sciences
- the study of Social Sciences, the Arts, Music and Physical Education
- systematic support of academically gifted students in tailor-made coaching programmes and tutorials
- an additional range of 50 extracurricular and optional projects available to students
- the compulsory curriculum is enhanced by educational trips to EU countries
- cooperation with worldwide acting partners Technische Universität Braunschweig, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt DLR, Volkswagen AG, Siemens AG
- cooperation with distinguished nationwide partners Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften Ostfalia, Hochschule für Bildende Kunst Braunschweig
- cooperation with a considerable number of regionally important partners, such as Deutsch-Chinesische Gesellschaft Braunschweig and the Konfuzius-Institut der Landeshauptstadt Hannover
- cooperation with exchange schools in France, Greece, Poland, Canada and the USA
The Wilhelm-Gymnasium offers a high standard of teaching and learning in a friendly, personal and encouraging atmosphere. The broadly-based curriculum is designed to lay the foundation for future academic and professional success. Our goal is to prepare young people for the challenges of life ahead and to provide them with the skills and abilities that will enable them to step into today’s world with confidence and integrity. The Wilhelm-Gymnasium is committed to:
- promoting openness, tolerance and social competence
- fostering interest and respect for the community and the common good
- supporting the development of a responsible and critical attitude
- enabling students to study the Classics, Latin and Greek, as well as modern languages: English, French and Spanish and their literature
- enabling students to be competent in Natural Sciences and Engineering and to acquire problem-solving skills
- encouraging students to pursue and develop their abilities in the fine arts and sport
For more information visit our highly informative Wilhelm-Gymnasium homepage: http://archiv.wilhelm-gym.de